Our Ethics and Sustainability
While conducting our research we discovered an organisation called the Fair Wear Foundation (FWF). They are a non-profit independent organisation that works with companies and factories to improve and ensure high standards are met and kept. Although not a certifying body, they work tirelessly to ensure that clothing is as ethical as it can be. While they realise that there is no such thing as 100% fair clothing (yet) this doesn't stop them trying to make this become a reality - step by step. For a company to be a member of FWF, they must satisfy the following criteria as a minimum:
- Employment is freely chosen.
- There is no discrimination in employment.
- No exploitation of child labour.
- Freedom of expression and the right to collective bargaining.
- Payment of a living wage.
- No excessive working hours.
- Safe and healthy working conditions.
- Legally binding employment relationship.